Missed our first quarter webinar? Download the replay as we discuss the coming quarters and what factors could have an impact on your portfolio.
Original Broadcast: Thursday, July 29, 2021 @ 3pm PT
During the webinar, we discussed:
Halfway Point Review
- Second quarter is likely the peak growth rate for both the economy and corporate earnings; with positive economic surprises waning.
- For now, inflation looks “transitory,” but labor market slack holds the key to whether it becomes more persistent.
- Sentiment, including margin debt and CEO confidence, suggest some contrarian market risk.
Contributing Factors and Going Forward
- ALL 50 States have re-opened, only HI still requires masks for all indoors–16 million jobs added back
- 9 million job openings (all-time record)
- Strong consumer & business credit health and conditions
- Ongoing stimulus from government-induced liquidity (>$5 Trillion)
- Including $850 billion in direct payments to citizens
- S&P 500 earnings projections have risen +43% since May 2020