Missed our first quarter webinar? Download the replay as we discuss the coming quarters and what factors could have an impact on your portfolio.
Original Broadcast: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 @ 12pm PT
During the webinar, we discussed:
- Rising bond yields and increased expectations of Fed tightening caused asset prices to stumble out of the 2022 starting blocks; the war in Ukraine exacerbated the volatility and led to higher commodity prices.
- The global economic expansion continued, with most countries in a mid-cycle phase and a low near-term risk of recession in the US.
- China's industrial cycle still appears to be bottoming, but COVID and political headwinds are hampering progress.
- Inflation rates should moderate from high levels, but increasing wage growth and inflation expectations could lead to persistently high inflation.
- The war in Ukraine is a stark reminder that we've shifted to a secular environment of higher geopolitical risk. A more unstable backdrop makes portfolio diversification as important as ever.